If you write code to SQL Server then you might be interested in this: I have written a tSQLt tdd training course which has helped over 500 people learn both tSQLt and how to apply TDD practices to their SQL Server T-SQL development, you can join the course at https://courses.agilesql.club.
What is the SSDT Dev Pack
It is basically a collection of tools that I find make developing in for SQL Server in SSDT better or easier. I will never have the time on my own to do as much for t-sql that resharper does for t-sql but this is a start and maybe someone will invest in tools for t-sql developers at some point :)
The general idea is that if I want to do something and can make it re-usable then I will add it here. If anyone has any ideas for a tool that they would find useful please feel free to fork it on github and add it, or send me the details and if I have time and I think it is useful I will add it in myself.
What tools are they?
The first one is MergeUi which basically (as you might imagine) puts a gui around merger statements in post deployment scripts to make it simple to deploy static or reference data with an SSDT project.
There is also currently the ability to:
- Re-write unnamed primary keys into named table constraints
- Create tSQLt schemas (classes) including the extended property everyone always forgets :)
- Take a stored procedure or tvf and create a tSQLt test for it including faking every take in the procedure and creating the parameters needed for the procedure and calling it
- When developing a stored procedure (or tvf) configure a connection to a database with realistic statistics and have high costing queries hightlighted so it is easy to see queries that will cause issues (not a 100% catch all obviously)
- Show code coverage of stored procedures and functions - either get an overview of coverage or highlight covered statements
- How much does it cost?
- I’ve only one thing to say about that, open source baby! Obviously this is all free and OSS, I publish it with an MIT license but if you want another one just ask and you can have it.
Where can I download it from?
Where can I report a bug / ask for help? Contact ed (ed “funny a in a circle sign” agilesql.co.uk) or there is a gitter chatroom you can go to: